Friday, February 23, 2024

Charleston

 Today we made the trip down to Charleston to go to the University of Charleston and meet with professors Gibbs Knotts and Jordan Ragusa. They gave us a fascinating presentation on what factors are considered by the South Carolina electorate when voting in the primaries, and to what extent. As well as this, they showed us their research into how representative different state party electorates are of their national party electorate, which had some surprising results. Afterwards, we had the opportunity to explore the city of Charleston. I had only been in Charleston briefly prior to this trip, and I loved having the opportunity to see what the city has to offer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on trip

It has been a few days since we have returned from South Carolina and I have had some time to organize my takeaways from the experience. My ...